Green Open Coffee May 1st

tipperaryAs May Open Coffee Galway coincides with Green Open Coffee the same Saturday, May 1st, I would like to take the opportunity to bring Open Coffee Galway to Tipperary.

According to Google Maps it takes 1 hour and 32 mins to get to Cloughjordan in North Tipperary.

I know that it may not suit many to travel but I think it’s an opportunity to meet other Open Coffee members and the chance to check out the ecovillage that they have there – it is Ireland’s only ecovillage at present.

There is also a community farm and a green enterprise park undergoing development.

It is to be held in Sheelagh na Gig on the main Street from 10:30 am onwards.

I will be car pooling and will have 2 seats free in my car for on the way and back.

I will stay for lunch and head back around 3pm that afternoon. Please contact me via Linkedin if you would like a lift.

There is also an Event page on Facebook that you can RSVP to.

7 Comments to “Green Open Coffee May 1st”

1. OCGalway 25 April 2010 at 10:58 pm #

Green Open Coffee May 1st http://www.galwayopencoffee.com/2010/04/...

2. OCGalway 26 April 2010 at 9:01 am #

3. busylizzielife 26 April 2010 at 11:15 am #

RT @OCGalway: Galway Open Coffee goes Green: http://www.galwayopencoffee.com/2010/04/... Pls RT

4. Shay 26 April 2010 at 12:02 pm #

According to the UN the meat industry produces more green gas emissions than all the traffic in the world, including air-planes, trucks and ships, so aren’t these echo villages just a smoke screen?

5. Ina 28 April 2010 at 3:28 pm #

Perhaps Shay but at least someone is making the effort in trying to change things for the better and this is better than no effort at all. : )

6. Shay 28 April 2010 at 3:37 pm #

@Ina
    By being vegetarian, and (almost) vegan I do more. I do appreciate trying, but the smoke screen is so big, some people are shooting blanks.

7. [...] Penguin. There are a number of upcoming events worth sharing. Galway Open Coffee is hosting its May 1st meetup in Irelands first ecovillage Cloughjordan. BizCamp Limerick is being held at the Kemmy Business [...]